Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In the Blink of an Eye

More than a year and a half has passed in what seems like no time at all. As usual it leaves me questioning, "where in the world did the time go?" And with time, comes age, and with age, comes forgetfulness. What has happened in that time? Let's see what I can remember...

  • Zack made one of the most mature decisions of his life and returned home from serving his mission in Brazil after reaching the conclusion that something that important should be done right. After seven months of roller coaster feelings at home, he worked like crazy to make things right and was given the opportunity to serve again. This time in the same mission Rick served in 25 years ago, the Iowa Des Moines Mission. He now continues to remind us that he never knew that it was possible to be this happy. I'm so proud of his journey and this destination he's reached!
  • Cassidy is busier than any teenage girl I know. She works part-time at Jamba, goes to school, takes dual enrollment classes for college credit, plays soccer, golf and runs cross country, and still manages to fit in a social life. She has discovered her passion with the special needs kids at school and is doing all that she can to get scholarships so that she can chase her dream of working with them someday. I'm incredibly proud of her determination and drive to succeed!
  • Ty has managed to play in more musical groups in the past couple years than many get the opportunity to in a lifetime. Marching Band, Highland Drumline, Jazz Band, Symphonic Band, Pep Band, Idaho State Youth Symphony, Portneuf Valley Drumline, another small jazz band that I can't seem to remember the name of... just to name a few. He has a passion for music and will practice every night for 2+ hours after already having played in class several hours each day. His dedication is inspiring and it's not hard to be proud of him!
  • Rick has probably faced more challenges and been given more opportunities for change in these past months than anyone. On January 9, 2011, he was sustained as Bishop of the Highland 7th Ward - an incredible challenge and huge blessing all at the same time. He has handled the pressures of this immense calling incredibly well. And if that weren't enough of a challenge, he's been forced to make a career change in the middle of it all. He ended a 22 year career in the Title Insurance Industry on July 15th, 18 of them with First American Title, and is currently training to be a Financial Advisor for Edward Jones. He is a perfect match for this new job and I believe he can be very happy and successful doing it if he can survive the stress the first couple of years. He possesses great faith and honor and I'm proud to call him mine!
  • Me - well, I'm just along for the ride and happy to be on it. I still enjoy my job. I love working with the Young Women at church. I'm happiest cheering on Rick and the kids in all their activities. I'm learning to be more patient with myself and have a desire to throw a little more spontaneity and fun into the mix. I have learned the importance of the little things and want nothing more each day than to be a little better and enjoy the journey. Mine is a blessed life!

No comments: