- Life is continually changing
- Just as with nature's seasons - some are better than others but there is always something good to be gained from each
- I don't have to do it all right now - hopefully, there will be a time for "that" (even though the impatient side of me would scream otherwise!)
- I don't have to do it all right now - why do today what can be done tomorrow? (yes, confession time, I procrastinate!)
- No matter how hard we fight it, time marches on - (wrinkles, gray hair, aging children that no longer seem to need you, extra "can't-get-rid-of" pounds, slower-moving joints, loss of precious memories and every other sad sign of the passage of time makes it's ugly appearance)
I've been searching for years for a way to document the lives of me and my family. I love scrapbooking - when I have time for it (never!) but hate the guilt that comes with always being behind and each passing day that I get further behind, I get older and start losing those memories of the great little things that happen every day. I've never kept a good journal - it scares me to death to have others read my thoughts and think that I'll be judged by my grammar or lack of "smarts" - besides, most days seem mundane and not very noteworthy.
I also like the excuse that my kids are getting older and all the cute things that happen when kids are little have already happened. The one big flaw that I'm starting to see with this excuse is that they are still amazing and continue to find new ways to make me proud each and every day.
Today, I'm turning over a new leaf, possibly even beginning a new season. Today, no more excuses. Today, even though a BLOG is completely foreign to me, I've been inspired. This will be my own little way to keep track of the great and even the somewhat mundane things that happen to me and my family. This will be a way for me to jog my memory as I continue to get old and forget. And, this will be a way for me to let my family know that they are everything to me! Someday, maybe I'll even share these thoughts with them...
1 comment:
I loved your thoughts and the rest of your family will too. How could they not? They are you and you are such a great, fun and loving person. Keep it up, I love to read other peoples thoughts, most of the time they are a lot more fun than my own. Love you.
Post a Comment