It's funny how such a small moment, a few minutes at the most, can have such a profound impression on you, leaving you ready to face the world again and wanting to do it better.
For quite some time now, I've been looking forward to this day. All of my children are over the age of twelve now and we can go to the temple together to do baptisms. Saturday morning, bright and early, we awoke the kids without their usual grumblings. We each put on our Sunday best and made the trip to Idaho Falls. We were greeted by a kind old gentleman and given instructions.
How awesome it was to see each of the kids in their nice white jumpsuits with crotches hanging down to their knees. How incredible to have Rick as a worthy priesthood holder to take each of them by the hand and help them into the font and then help in this wonderful work that we as Latter Day Saints do. How amazing was that moment, with Cassidy standing to my right and Zack to the left, both dripping wet, and Ty stepping into the font for the first time.
And then that small glimpse came. It seemed to hit both Rick and I at the same time, for it took him a moment to gain his composure and finish with the prayer for that first name. I'm not certain that our thoughts were exactly the same but probably similar. I was able to stand there, with tears streaming down my cheeks, and witness what it must be like in heaven. With those four wonderful people whom I love more than anything in our Heavenly Father's home. A small moment, but one I will cherish and strive to live so that I'll have the opportunity for an eternity of moments like this.
1 comment:
What a wonderful experience, Trace. Makes a grandma fill with emotion and takes her back to another special occaison of the same glimpse of heaven,When 4 little girls were brought into the sealing room all dressed in there white homemade dresses, placed around an alter,the youngest on the alter between 2 loving parents,with all hands clasping, to be sealed for eternity. Awsome.
Post a Comment